Payment options at the time of online registration:
- Credit card: select Pay Now
*If your institution does not allow entering CC online, select Purchase Order, enter phone number in the PO# field
- Credit on Account: Select Purchase Order, enter “credit” in the PO# field
- Check: Select Purchase Order, enter “check” or PO# in the PO# field
Personal Information Collection
Refund Policy for Registration Cancellations
Cancellation of registration for NIRSA educational events and refund requests must be made in writing and mailed, faxed, or emailed to:
NIRSA Event Refund
4185 SW Research Way
Corvallis, OR 97333-1067
Refund requests are processed according to the following time restrictions:
- Refund requests received on or before February 16 will receive a 100% refund, minus a $35 administrative processing fee
- Refund requests received on or between February 16-March 15, 2022 will receive a 50% refund
- Refunds cannot be granted for requests received on or after March 15 or for no-shows at the conference
Extenuating circumstances may warrant exceptions to the refund policy. For a review of a specific refund amount or for more information about refund requests, please contact Rachel Hart, NIRSA’s Billing Coordinator, in writing.
Please be advised that our posted refund policy will remain enforced. Exceptions to the refund policy for attendees will be considered in the case of a positive COVID case that prevents travel to the event. Requests for exceptions need to be submitted in writing with supporting documentation and will be considered following the event.
NIRSA Celebrates Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
NIRSA strives to offer every attendee a welcoming and inclusive conference experience. To help us make sure that we—NIRSA and our conference partners—can facilitate this on site, please contact the NIRSA Professional Development Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you think you might require accommodation beyond what you have commonly found available at past NIRSA (or comparable) conferences. If you don’t have past conference experience to reference, give us a call at NIRSA Headquarters—when in doubt, please reach out.
Media Content Ownership
NIRSA will use video, photos, and audio taken during this event to promote the Association and future events. Your registration form provides NIRSA with the unrestricted right to use media at its discretion for the purpose outlined above.
For the comfort and health of attendees, smoking is not permitted at any NIRSA function.
NIRSA Event Safety & Responsibility Code
Consistent with our commitment to our strategic values, NIRSA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment that promotes a culture of respect for all meeting and event participants and NIRSA staff. When diverging opinions occur, NIRSA encourages all attendees, staff, volunteers, etc. to be mindful of your behavior by being respectful and practicing civil discourse. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NIRSA staff, service providers, and others are expected to abide by this Event Safety & Responsibility Policy. This Policy applies to all NIRSA meetings and events, including those sponsored by organizations other than NIRSA but held in conjunction with NIRSA events, in public or private facilities.
Personal Safety and Security
NIRSA works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to NIRSA staff so that they can take appropriate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Use the buddy system when walking to and from the event venue, networking event locations during early or late hours.
- Don’t wear your meeting badge on the street. Remove it as soon as you leave the building/venue.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash or credit cards. Leave valuables in your hotel room safe.
- Don’t leave personal property unattended anywhere, anytime.
If it is a non life-threatening emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any NIRSA staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you. For life threatening emergencies, call 911 or the local emergency number.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NIRSA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NIRSA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations at sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by NIRSA at the meeting venue, hotels, or other NIRSA-contracted facilities.
- NIRSA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, NIRSA asks that you inform either Pam Watts, CAE, Executive Director, or 541-760-5760, or Dennis Carpenter, Sr. Director of Membership & Programs, at 202-503-9617, so that appropriate action can be taken.
Responsible Consumption of Alcohol and Other Intoxicants
- At some NIRSA networking events both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. NIRSA expects all participants who are of legal age and choose to consume alcohol at our events to do so responsibly. NIRSA and host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason and may require a participant to leave the event.
- Follow all local & state laws related to alcohol and other intoxicants.
Filing an Incident Report
If you have been a part of or witness to an incident at 2022 NIRSA, we ask that you complete a report to document the incident. These forms will be available at Conference Registration Desk.
NIRSA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and NIRSA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting or event.
Download Incident Report Form